We had dinner with a great view of the Dubai Fountain at the terrace of Madeleine Cafe and Boulangerie one Friday evening. This restaurant in The Dubai Mall specializes in French cuisine and has weekly specials for its patrons to offer something different aside from their regular menu items. We were in for a treat as they prepared a three course set for us that night.
Dubai Fountain View during Dinner at Madeleine Cafe and Boulangerie
We’ve been in this Parisian-inspired restaurant before. We had their All Day Lazy Breakfast and a dinner with their guest chef and in both occasions, we sat inside. This time was different as they reserved a table at the corner of their terrace.
This terrace corner is considered to be a popular spot for diners because you get a lovely view of the Burj Khalifa Lake below and the anticipated fountain show presentation. Might I say that we were very lucky to have sat there!
Mr. Mohit, the manager, introduced us to a mix of their weekly specials and their regular menu items. This is their way of providing new items on their menu and offering something different to their regular customers.
We had their mint lemonade and Parisian sunrise. Summer is coming up in Dubai and what better way to start the 3-course set than with these refreshing mocktails!
• the lemon mint drink Dubai, Mint Lemonade, Fresh mint blended with homemade lemonade – 30 AED
• madeleine Dubai mall, Parisian Sunrise, Orange, mango and pineapple topped with grenadine syrup – 30 AED
We had the Lentilles de Oeuf Poche and Fois Gras de Canard Torchon for starters. The Fois grass was rich and creamy and the fig jam added a sweet touch to the duck.
• madeleine cafe Dubai appetizer, Lentilles de Oeuf Poche, Poached egg with puy lentil, turkey lardon and smoked red pepper – 60 AED
• madeleine cafe boulangerie, Fois Gras de Canard Torchon, Duck liver, fig jam and toasted brioche – 95 AED
For our main course, we had a chicken thigh casserole which was partnered with Pilaf rice. The casserole serving was really huge that it could stand by itself without the rice. We also had sea bass with a very lovely presentation. It looked too good to eat!
• madeleine cafe boulangerie Dubai, Cuisse de poulet Basquaise, Boneless chicken thigh casserole served with Pilaf rice – 95 AED
• madeleine cafe Dubai seafood, Filet de Loup Nicoise, Seabass fillet served with La Ratte potatoes, beans, asparagus, olives, cherry tomatoes and capers in noisette butter – 120 AED
As for dessert, my favorite part, we had coffee ice cream and berries frangipane tart. The ice cream had some crunchy coffee bits that added a different texture to the sweet dessert.
• madeleine cafe Dubai mall, Cafe Liegois, Coffee ice cream with lightly sweetened coffee and Chantilly cream – 40 AED
• madeleine cafe dessert Dubai mall, Frangipane Tarte Fine de Baise, Berries frangipane tart – 35 AED
We were very full afterward that we took some more time to relax and enjoy the water fountain show. The view was something worth staying longer so we sat and stared at the lake.
Dancing Fountain Show in Dubai
The show begins at 6 pm and includes a selected song number accompanied by the dancing water and light fountain. Every night, Dubai tourists and residents flock to this area to witness this activity. This is, after all, a great tourist attraction in Dubai Mall and Dubai as a whole.
This was a great weekend and a satisfying dining experience altogether. If you plan to watch the water fountain and light show, I recommend you dine on the terrace of Madeleine Café. Don’t forget to call for reservation if you wish to get seats outside!
Restaurant: Madeleine Café & Boulangerie Address: Ground Level, Fashion Avenue, The Dubai Mall, Dubai, U.A.E.
Telephone Number: +971 4 438 4335
Facebook Page: facebook.com/madeleinecafe
Is this your business?
Claim listing is the best way to manage and protect your business